Lately I have been on a dip kick, or anything with crackers really. Cheese and crackers, and dip and crackers are where my head is at. So today we have a Creamed Kale recipe for you. This recipe is kind of like creamed spinach, only better! We used Almond Breeze for the cream factor so it isn’t actually heavy, but you still get a little richness that you would want in a dish like this. We added some red pepper flakes for a little kick and some lemon to brighten everything up. This is a really yummy healthy dip or side dish recipe that goes perfect with something like grilled steak or chicken, but it can also be slathered on bread or crackers if that’s your thing. This is just a really good recipe to have in your arsenal because it’s easy to throw together, and so versatile and healthy. ♥ Teri
Hungry for more?
- 2 bunches kale, washed dried and torn into pieces (ribs removed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened can substitute coconut oil for healthier alternative
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- ¾ cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Blanch kale in salted, boiling water until bright and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain kale into a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Sauté garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add almond milk and reduce heat to medium. Simmer mixture until milk has reduced by ⅓.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mixture has thickened and everything is completely combined. Adjust seasonings and serve.