We’re so happy it’s spring! We’ve both been spending more time basking outside with our families and enjoying the loads of sunshine, longer days, and warm weather. This time of year always makes me want to spend less and less time in the kitchen, so I can enjoy more time together with my family. We’ve both been making easy, low maintenance meals lately but still find ourselves running out of fresh ideas and making the same few meals on weekly rotation.
We’re so pumped to partner with Pampered Chef! Just like us, they strive to make everyday meals quicker and easier with their thoughtfully created and curated recipes and products! We’re thrilled to join their Tastebuds subscription program ! Basically, they send out 3 flavor-packed seasoning packets a month, along with 3 thoughtfully paired recipes cards to match alongside the seasonings you receive. It’s SUCH a great way to experience a variety of flavors and recipes without having to stress about what you’ll be making for dinner that night! We’re so excited to team up with Pampered Chef for their May TasteBuds subscription box! We’ve created 3 exclusive recipes, using their delicious seasonings, including our BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Slaw!
These sandwiches couldn’t be easier to make, especially since we use Pampered Chef’s Deluxe Multicooker (on the slow cooker function) and their Smoky Applewood Rub to make the most delicious, flavor-packed and super tender pulled pork! You guys, this multicooker is a beast! Not only does it slow cook, but it can also sous vide, pressure cook, make perfect boiled eggs, make yogurt, it has a bean function and SO MUCH MORE! I was able to declutter my appliance cabinet and replace FIVE different appliances with the multicooker – incredible!
After liberally rubbing the pork shoulder with a mixture of applewood rub and oil, we tossed it into the multicooker with a few other basic ingredients, set it to slow cook on low and 8 hours later we had the softest, most flavorful, juicy pulled pork imaginable! We paired the pulled pork with a simple pineapple-cabbage slaw to balance out the flavors and textures and stuffed everything inside a buttery brioche burger bun! We love how delicious, unfussy, and easy this recipe is to make. It allows us to spend more time out of the kitchen and with our families, while still providing them with an incredible meal!
Get the full recipe for our slow cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches below and make sure to sign up for the Tastebuds subscription box! You can find this recipe along with two other quick, easy, and mouthwatering recipes we’ve created exclusively for Pampered Chef in their May subscription Box! Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Pampered Chef Smoky Applewood Rub
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 2 oranges (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bbq sauce plus more for drizzling
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup peeled, cored and julienne pineapple
- 8 brioche buns lightly toasted
- Combine dry rub and oil in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour mixture over pork shoulder and rub until fully and evenly covered.
- Place onion, garlic cloves, orange juice, and stock into Pampered Chef Multi-Cooker and top with pork shoulder pieces.
- Set multi-cooker function to slow cook on low heat and lock on the lid.
- Slow cook pork for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from multi cooker and transfer to a large baking dish. Shred pork with two forks, removing any large chunks of fat and gristle.
- Sprinkle salt over pork and mix together.
- Pour 1 cup bbq sauce over shredded pork and stir together until evenly combined.
- About 45 minutes before pork has finished cooking, make slaw.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together both cabbages.
- Pour dressing over cabbage and fold together until fully and evenly combined.
- Add pineapple strips and continue to fold together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove slaw from refrigerator about 10minutes before ready to use.
- Pile a cup of pork onto toasted buns and drizzle each with more bbq sauce. Top each sandwich with about 1/2 cup coleslaw then gently press buns over each sandwich. Serve.