We are very excited to be partnering with KitchenAid® to bring you our new favorite cookie recipe, which are these Chai, Chocolate Chip and Coconut Cookies! The coconut gives these cookies a little texture, which I love. And the chai makes these the perfect fall cookie! Pro tip: these are amazing dunked in coffee.
Around this time of year I am always looking for new cookie recipes to bake and give to friends or co-workers so I am happy to be sharing this recipe with you! These cookies are perfect for the Holidays, but also for anytime.
In making these cookies we used our all time favorite appliance which is our KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. It makes baking a breeze because you don’t have to stand next to your bowl holding a mixer. The KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer comes in so many colors and their new matte colors are AMAZING.
We used a small scoop for these cookies to make them kind of a one bite, which I am a fan of with cookies, but you could use a bigger scoop if that is what you like. I hope you guys enjoy!
Chai, Chocolate Chip, Coconut Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon chai spice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Place flour, chai spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. In another mixing bowl beat together butter and both sugars using an electric hand mixer. Continue to beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add molasses, egg and vanilla. Mix together and scrape down sides of the bowl again.
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms. Stir chocolate chips and coconut into the dough until just incorporated.
6. Scoop tablespoon sized amounts of cookie dough onto two parchment lined baking sheets and place them 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until cookies have puffed up and are golden brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool, about 10 minutes. Serve or store in an airtight container, in a cool and dry place for up to 1 week.