Have you ever had a dutch baby? If you have not, its worth a google as they are delicious custardy pancakes made in cast iron skillet. This Raspberry Rhubarb Clafoutis is pretty much like a dutch baby, in that it’s custardy with a touch of sweetness. I love it because it’s not a super heavy dessert, which makes it ideal for those really hot summer days. This clafoutis is dotted with raspberry and rhubarb, making this a beautiful dessert that is perfect for 4th of July in all its red and white glory. I hope you guys like this one!
Hungry for more?
- 2 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup raspberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9”x12” baking dish with butter.
- Place rhubarb and ¼ cup sugar into a mixing bowl and toss together. Set aside and allow mixture to macerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain rhubarb, discarding excess liquid.
- Place eggs, remaining sugar, flour, milk, butter, and salt into a blender and blender for 1 to 2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with macerated rhubarb and raspberries.
- Bake clafouti for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Remove rom oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, cut and serve.
- *makes 1 (9”x12”) clafoutis