Deviled Eggs are one of my favorite holiday indulgences. So creamy and perfectly bite sized. So after spending a whole month eating all there is to eat, but now being used to indulging non stop, it’s pretty difficult to wean yourself off some of your favorite holiday foods. Lucky for you we have partnered with Bolthouse Farms and their wonderful dressing line and made a healthier Deviled Egg option for you. We used their Caramelized Sweet Onion Yogurt Dressing instead of the traditional mayo in this recipe. It makes these a little more indulging friendly, and also provides a really yummy caramelized sweet onion flavor without having to caramelize yourself!
If you love this lighter Deviled Egg recipe, we also just posted a recipe for Light and Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders!
Hungry for more?
Caramelized Onion and Herb Deviled Eggs
- 12 large hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved crosswise
- ¼ cup Bolthouse Farms Caramelized Onion Yogurt Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- micro greens
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Remove the yolks from all but 4 egg halves and place into a food processor. Add the 4 egg halves with their yolks intact as well as the dressing, mustard and water.
- Thinly slice the round sides of the remaining egg whites to create a flat/level bottom.
- Place the cut slivers of egg whites into the food processor and puree entire yolk mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the chives and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a piping bag (with a round tip) and pipe a generous amount of the yolk mixture into each standing egg white.
- Top each deviled egg with micro greens, crushed sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Serve.