Valentine’s Day is around the corner and we have these cute Pink and White Valentines Day Cookies for you guys! These cookies are a rift off the classic black and white cookies. The cookies themselves are light and fluffy, and are topped with a thin layer of two toned icing. Instead of chocolate icing, we decided to pair our vanilla icing with a simple and really delicious strawberry icing.
These Pink and White Valentines Day cookies couldn’t be easier to make! First you whisk together all the dry ingredients and set them aside. Next you cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, the egg and vanilla extract are stirred in. The dry ingredients and sour cream are then added to the wet mixture. The sour cream adds a very subtle tang to the cookies and gives them a softer texture. The icing is actually just one recipe divided in half with freeze dried strawberries stirred into half of it. I love using freeze dried strawberries in desserts, they add such a nice burst of real strawberry flavor.
If you’re looking for another, fun Valentine’s Day treat to make we also have these Strawberry and Sparkling Rose Gummy Hearts that are super cute and totally delicious! Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Pink and White Valentines Day cookies
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk divided
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries (One 1.8 ounce bag) finely ground
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue to beat together until fully incorporated. Scrape down side of bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla and stir together.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream and stir together until fully incorporated and no dry spots remain.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and using an ice cream scooper, scoop 1/4 cup sized scoops onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart (this will have to be done in batches).
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies puff up and are barely brown around the edge.
- Remove from oven and repeat until all batter has been used.
- Transfer baked cookies onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Place powdered sugar, 1/2 cup milk, corn syrup, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and stir together until a thick and smooth icing forms. Divide icing into two bowls and stir freeze dried strawberries and remaining milk into one of the bowls until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Turn cookies so flat sides are up and spread half of each cookie with white icing. Place cookies into the refrigerator so icing can set, about 10 minutes. Once icing has set, spread other half of cookies with strawberry icing. Place cookies back in the refrigerator until icing has set, another 10 minutes. Serve.