I recently moved from an apartment I had been living in for 6.5 years to a new place in LA. This new place comes with a lot of perks including space for a vegetable garden. This week is the weekend we plant o plant stuff, and we are driving a bit out of our way to a farmers market that has a vendor that carried unique and organic vegetables. I am super super pumped, yet nervous at the same time, because I have never had a vegetable garden before and I know I would be heartbroken if everything died. I am pretty sure we are going to get some beans because they have some very beautiful varieties. If you all have any tips that would be so great!!
Mostly though, I am excited to be able to eat seasonal stuff from my garden. Mostly, to be able to make and add delicious ingredients like we did by adding English peas to this pizza. Jenny and I both love peas (and also pizza) so adding them to this pizza made it an instant favorite. We love how it really freshens up what could be a super meat and oil heavy pizza. The burrata is so nice and creamy, and you gotta love prosciutto on pizza. Enjoy this spring pizza guys!
English Pea, Prosciutto and Burrata Pizza
Makes 1 12”-14” pizza
1/2 recipe pizza dough, room temperature
2/3 cup medium-ground yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup prepared pesto
1 ball (8-10 ounces) burrata
4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 cup shelled English peas, lightly blanched
cracked black pepper to taste
olive oil, for brushing
1. Place pizza stone (if using) in an oven and preheat to 450˚F.
2. Roll dough out on a clean, lightly floured surface until you have a 12”-14” , 1/4” thick, round(ish) dough. Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet lined with a layer of cornmeal.
3. Spread a thin layer of pesto over the dough, leaving a 1” perimeter.
4. Top pesto with spoonfuls of burrata, then the slices of prosciutto and finally sprinkle the peas over the top.
5. Lightly brush the crust with olive oil.
6. Carefully transfer pizza onto the hot pizza stone OR leave it on the baking sheet, if you don’t have a pizza stone.
7. Bake pizza for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust has browned nicely.
8. Remove from oven and allow pizza to cool for 5 to 7 minutes before cutting. Serve.