Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Cilantro-Ranch Dressing
- ⅔ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotles in adobe sauce
- 2 baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ¼ heaping cups raw, sweet corn kernels (from 3 ears of corn)
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 to 3 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 4 rashers cooked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ¼ heaping cups Fritos
- 1 heaping cup queso fresco
- ¾ cup black beans
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- cracked black pepper to taste
For dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to two weeks.
For salad: Place romaine into a large mixing bowl and toss together with ⅔ cup of dressing. Set aside.
Place honey and chipotle in adobe into another mixing bowl and whisk together. Add chicken and toss together until chicken is completely coated. Pour chicken into the center of the dressed romaine.
Continue to add piles of the remaining ingredients over the romaine until all the ingredients, except the green onions, have been used. Sprinkle the salad with green onions and lightly season with cracked black pepper. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
Calories: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 27gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 649mgPotassium: 726mgFiber: 6gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 4220IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 3mg