Broccoli Crunch Salad
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into bite sized florets you can also trim, peel and cube the stems or reserve for another use at another time
- 5 rashers cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped and dry roasted cashews
- ⅓ cup Zante currants
- ¼ cup diced red onions, optional
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Place all dressing ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
Place broccoli florets into a large mixing bowl and top with dressing. Fold together until fully combined.
Add remaining ingredients and fold together. Adjust seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
Give salad a good toss before serving.
Calories: 308kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 8gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 429mgPotassium: 617mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 974IUVitamin C: 137mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 2mg