Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with a Warm Prosciutto-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 ounces pretzel bread, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds shaved (or thinly sliced) Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled optional
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
For pretzel croutons: Place pretzel pieces and oil into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss together. Spread onto a baking sheet, in a single layer, and toast for 15 to 20 minutes or until light and crisp. Remove from oven and allow pretzel bits to cool.
For vinaigrette: Place a small sauté pan over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add pancetta and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until pancetta browns. Pour contents into a mixing bowl and add remaining vinaigrette ingredients, except oil. Whisk together and add oil in a slow and steady stream until fully incorporated. Adjust seasonings and set aside until ready to use.
To assemble: Place Brussels sprouts, pretzel croutons, cherry tomatoes and goat cheese (if using) into a large salad bowl and toss together with vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings and allow salad to sit for about 10 minutes before tossing one more time and serving.
Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 8gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 352mgPotassium: 444mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1008IUVitamin C: 86mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 4mg