Meal Prep Grain Bowls
This recipe for easy make ahead, meal prepped grain bowls is a great way to use up those extra vegetables you have. The recipe is designed to be super flexible so you can easily alter it to fit your taste!
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet potato scrubbed and chopped
- 4 small carrots scrubbed and quartered
- ½ head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into bitesized florets
- ½ bunch of broccolini trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⅓ cups hummus store bought of choice
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained
- ½ bunch purple kale stemmed, torn into bitesized pieces and massaged
- 1 avocado pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ hothouse cucumber
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
For vegetables: Place sweet potatoes and carrots onto a baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Spread into a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
Place cauliflower and broccolini into a mixing bowl and toss together with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
After 20 minutes remove baking sheet from oven, add cauliflower and broccolini to baking sheet and toss together, spreading into a single layer.
Place vegetables back into oven and continue to roast for an additional 20 minute or until vegetables have charred and are fork tender. Remove from oven and cool.
To assemble: In a large mixing bowl, toss together brown rice and quinoa.
Divide grain mixture into bowls or airtight containers.
Top grain mixture with a dollop of hummus, a small handful of kale and some chickpeas.
Spoon a couple large spoonful’s of roasted vegetables into each bowl and top with a few slices of avocado and cucumbers.
Finish each bowl with a drizzle of olive oil salt and sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve or cover and refrigerate.
Calories: 628kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 15gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 420mgPotassium: 1289mgFiber: 16gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 19955IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 152mgIron: 5mg