Cheesy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
This Cheesy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe is the perfect cozy fall breakfast recipe. These pancakes are easy to make, light and fluffy, and filled with all the cheesy, pumpkin goodness! Top with a fried egg for an extra decadent meal!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, and butter and mix together using a fork, making sure not to over mix.
Gently fold in the cheese and green onions.
Place a skillet over medium heat add 1 teaspoon oil. Pour 1/3 cup of the pancake mix into the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until you see small bubbles forming on the top of the pancake.
Gently flip the pancake over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Once the pancake has cooked through, transfer onto a platter and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Top the pancakes with more green onions and serve with a side of softened salted butter and fried egg (optional).
**Makes 8 to 10 Pancakes**
- To Freeze:Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line pre-made pancakes in a single layer, making sure they don't touch. Place baking sheet in the freezer and freeze pancakes, about 30 minutes to an hour. Transfer frozen pancakes to a resealable bag and store for up to 3 months.
- To reheat in the oven: Transfer frozen pancakes to a baking dish in a single layer and tightly wrap with foil. Bake pancakes for 10-15 minutes until heated through and warm.
- To reheat in microwave: Transfer pancakes onto a plate in a single layer and cover with a lightly dampened paper towel or clean dish cloth. Microwave on full power, in 30 second intervals, until pancakes are soft and warm.
- To reheat in toaster: This method can be done, but the results will yield a more crisp pancake that isn't as soft as the other methods of reheating. If you don't mind that, then this is another quick reheating method you can use.
Calories: 614kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 21gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 1406mgPotassium: 371mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 7509IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 497mgIron: 4mg