Cóctel de Camarónes aka Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 pound peeled, deveined and cooked jumbo shrimp, halved crosswise
- ½ seedless cucumber, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 cob of corn)
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups tomato juice can use a mix of clam juice and tomato juice if preferred
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco for garnish
- saltine crackers for serving
Place shrimp, cucumber, corn, and red onion into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
Pour tomato juice and lime juice over the shrimp mixture and gently fold together.
Cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes. Fold in avocado and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Scoop mixture into 4 cups, spooning any extra liquid over each cup. Top with a light sprinkle of queso fresco and serve with saltine crackers.
Calories: 260kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 27gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 906mgPotassium: 861mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 865IUVitamin C: 50mgCalcium: 196mgIron: 4mg