Slow Cooker Pickled Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 (5-6 lb.) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (20 ounce) jar pepperoncini’s with juices
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled okra with juices
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled mixed vegetables with juices
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pickled banana peppers with juices
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos, optional
- 12 ounces beer/lager of choice
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 14 to 18 slices thick cut white bread, lightly toasted
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise, divided
Generously season pork shoulder with salt and pepper then place into a slow cooker.
Pour pickled ingredients into slow cooker followed by beer and top with onions, garlic and thyme. Add another dash of salt and pepper and place lid over contents.
Set slow cooker to high and cook for 6 to 7 hours, until shoulder is soft and easily falling apart.
Transfer pork shoulder into a large dish and scoop vegetables over the meat.
Using two forks, shred meat and vegetables together until completely shredded.
Spread each slice of toasted bread with some mayonnaise and top half of the slices with a heaping cup of pickled pulled pork. Top each pile of pulled pork with the remaining pieces of toasted bread, gently pressing down. Serve immediately.
- *The Cuisinart 3-in-1 Cook Central was gifted to us by Cuisinart. All of our opinions are our own!*
Calories: 1442kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 192gFat: 55gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 491mgSodium: 2200mgPotassium: 3457mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 859IUVitamin C: 71mgCalcium: 219mgIron: 10mg