A simple and absolutely delicious Garlic Noodles recipe that can be made in under 20 minutes. We use Chinese style egg noodles, tossed in a garlic-butter soy sauce sauce that result in a highly addicting noodle dish!
- 12 ounces Chinese style egg noodles (spaghetti is fine)
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (low sodium) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- pinch white pepper, optional
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced on a bias and divided
Fill a large pot with water, place over high heat and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil until soft, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain noodles into a colander and rinse under cool water. Set aside.
Place a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar and cook together until sugar dissolves and mixture is boiling, 2 to 3 minutes.
Raise heat to high, add noodles and toss together for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and sprinkle Parmesan, 1 sliced green onion and white pepper (if using) over noodles and continue to toss together until noodles are evenly coated in sauce.
Top garlic noodles with more green onions and serve.
- If you're unable to find Chinese style egg noodles, spaghetti makes a fine substitute.
- If you're unable to find fish sauce, you can either double the amount of soy sauce, or combine equal parts soy sauce and vinegar (rice, white or cider) together with a pinch of salt and use that as a substitute.
- Make Ahead: This dish can be made up to 3 days ahead of time, when ready to reheat place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to skillet. Once water begins to boil, add the noodles and toss together until heated through. The small amount of water will help the starchy noodles to break apart from each other as they reheat.
Calories: 457kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 14gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 1337mgPotassium: 83mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 474IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 1mg