Carne Asada Torta
The only Carne Asada Torta recipe you'll ever need! Savory and juicy carne asada is loaded onto a soft roll and piled high with all the classic Mexican flavors and toppings!
- 2 telera rolls
- 1 cup shredded iceberg
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1 vine-riped tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija
- 12 slices pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup refried beans optional
- 4 dashes hot sauce optional
Make 1 recipe for carne asada and cut grilled meat into two portions.
To assemble: Schmear avocado across the tops and bottoms of the telera rolls. Top bottom buns with meat followed by tomatoes, red onions, iceberg, cotija, pickled jalapenos, and hot sauce. Gently press the top buns over the sandwich. Serve.
- It’s important that the carne asada has marinated for several hours, although overnight is best, to help tenderize the meat and for maximum flavor.
- The grill, skillet or grill pan being use should be hot before adding the carne. The carne asada should only be cooked on both sides for a few minutes to avoid overcooking, resulting in a tough texture.
- The carne asada can be marinated up to 2 days ahead of time.
- To Freeze: Place the marinated steak into a resealable bag, removing as much excess air before sealing, and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, place the frozen bag of carne asada onto a plate and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Serving: 1gCalories: 1280kcalCarbohydrates: 85gProtein: 69gFat: 80gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 12469mgPotassium: 2700mgFiber: 28gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 11916IUVitamin C: 91mgCalcium: 376mgIron: 21mg