Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
The only Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe you'll ever want to make and eat! Our delicious recipe tastes even better than restaurant quality, but is better for you!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs diced
- 2 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms cleaned, stemmed and diced
- ½ cup drained and diced bamboo shoots
- ½ cup drained and diced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaves separated
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Place the first five ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
Pour mixture over the chicken and stir together. Set aside and allow chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
Place all ingredients for cooking sauce into a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
Place 2 tablespoons oil into a large skillet over high heat. Sauté chicken for 6 to 8 minutes or until half cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Pour remaining oil into the same skillet and place over high heat. Sauté the ginger, garlic and shiitake mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
Add the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add chicken back into the skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Pour the cooking sauce over the mixture and stir together. Lower the heat to medium and allow the mixture to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the green onions. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Top mixture with a sprinkle of green onions and sesame seed and serve warm with crisp lettuce cups.
Calories: 286kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 24gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 532mgPotassium: 460mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 987IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 2mg