Summer Corn Salad Recipe
A delicious recipe for Browned Butter and Halloumi Summer Corn Salad that takes under 30 minutes to make. It's the perfect summer salad that can accompany virtually anything!
- 4 ounces halloumi
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 heaping cups sweet corn 3 to 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest of 1 lime optional
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add halloumi and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat and cube into bite sized pieces.
Lower heat to medium heat and add butter. Allow butter to melt and toast until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add corn and toss together. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and stir in chives and cilantro.
Fold in cubed halloumi. Finish with fresh lime zest, if using. Serve warm or room temperature.
- If you can't find fresh corn you can substitute with drained, canned corn or frozen corn (thawed).
- This recipe can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and slightly warmed over low heat, for 3 to 4 minutes. You can also serve this dish straight from the refrigerator if preferred cold.
- If making ahead of time, we recommend waiting to fold the herbs and lime zest to the mixture until the day of serving.
Serving: 1gCalories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 228mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 218IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 191mg