Korean Corn Cheese
A simple and delicious recipe for creamy, gooey Korean Corn Cheese. Minimal ingredients and made in under 20 minutes. Serve with chips or bread for dipping as a yummy appetizer, or keep it simple and serve as a side dish. We love it with freshly grilled meat.
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn kernels kernels removed and cobbs discarded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together.
Pour mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
Bake for 10 minutes or until mixture melts and bubbles.
Transfer dish to broiler and broil for 2 minutes or until top is browned.
- To make ahead: Simply mix together and place all the ingredients into a baking dish. Tightly cover and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve.
- To freeze ahead: Simply mix together and place all the ingredients into a baking dish. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap or foil and freeze. When ready to bake and serve, add an additional 10 to 15 minutes to the baking time, until the cheese has melted and the dish has heated through, then continue to broil for the usual 2 minutes as directed in the recipe.
- Frozen or canned corn can replace the fresh corn, so you can enjoy this dish all
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives can be used instead of green onions.
- Although the flavor will slightly change, you can omit the sugar and still have a delicious corn cheese dish!
Calories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 8gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 357mgPotassium: 147mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 401IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 147mgIron: 1mg