No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This super simple and delicious No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is the perfect no fruit pie! It's so creamy, fluffy and perfect paired with the graham cracker crust! We love that it comes together without having to turn the oven or stove on! We promise you will love this pie!
graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
Place ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together until fully combined.
Pour crust mixture into a 9 inch pie dish and evenly press mixture into the bottom and sides of the dish.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, until crust is firm.
In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, peanut butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and vanilla and beat together with an electric hand mixer until fully blended.
Stir in 1 cup chopped peanuts until evenly combined.
In another mixing bowl combine cream and remaining sugar. Beat together with the hand mixer until medium stiff peaks form.
Add 2/3 of the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture, in three separate additions, and fold together until light, fluffy and fully combined
Pour filling into the chilled crust and smooth to evenly fill.
Spread remaining whipped cream over the filling in an even mound and top with remaining chopped peanuts. Refrigerate pie for at least 1 hour or until filling has set.
Remove from refrigerator and serve.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions
This pie can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. If not serving soon after chilling/allowing the filling to set, we recommend leaving the whipped cream topping and chopped peanuts off the pie. Then tightly wrapping the chilled pie in plastic wrap or a large airtight container. When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before adding the whipped cream and chopped peanuts to the top.
This pie can be frozen for up to 3 months (for maximum freshness). We recommend freezing the whole pie without the whipped cream topping. Place pie in freezer until fully frozen, about 2 hours. Then tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place back into the freezer until ready to use. Once ready to serve, remove from freezer, unwrap and thaw, about 1 hour. Top with whipped cream and chopped peanuts and serve.
Tips and Tricks for Peanut Butter Pie Success
- We like using a more stable peanut butter in this recipe, like JIF brand as it holds up the best in this pie.
- If you want to use a more natural peanut butter, that's totally fine! We just recommend that you use a “no stir” peanut butter because it will achieve much better results. We also recommend whipping the peanut butter first, until its slightly aerated and fluffy, before adding the other filling ingredients to help form a little more body to the filling.
- Although folding the whipped cream into the filling in multiple stages may seem tedious, there's a reason it's important! Folding the whipped cream in three separate additions will help keep the whipped cream aerated. This will help the filling gain a light and fluffy texture, especially after it is refrigerated and sets.
- It’s important to make sure all of the graham cracker crumbs and sugar are saturated in the melted butter evenly which will ensure the crust holds together well.
- Using something with a flat surface, like a measuring cup, to press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie dish will help to ensure an even crust and also help to prevent crumbling.
- The graham cracker crumb crust can be replaced with chocolate cookie crumbs or Nilla wafer crumbs.
- Instead of chopped peanuts to top the pie, we like to drizzle some melted chocolate or even grate some chocolate onto the top.
- If you like an extra smooth and creamy pie, just omit the chopped nuts from the filling and/or the top which we use for garnish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 852kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 66g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1158IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg