Mini Strawberry Upside Down Cornmeal Cobblers
Simple, delicious and bakes in under 30 minutes! These Mini Strawberry Upside Down Cornmeal Cobblers are so good and perfect to serve with a side of whipped cream or even a la mode style!
- 14 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup coarse ground cornmeal
- ⅔ cups superfine sugar granulated is fine
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup honey
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Place strawberries and 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar in a mixing bowl and toss together. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Stir in butter, buttermilk and honey until completely incorporated and no lumps remain.
Lightly grease 12 mini tart pans (or 1 large tart pan). Fill each tart pan until ½ full (about ⅓ cup).
Top each cobbler with 2 tablespoons macerated strawberries and gently press into the batter.
Sprinkle each cobbler with a small amount of the remaining brown sugar and set onto a baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
Bake cobblers for 24 to 26 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and top.
Remove cobblers from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cobbler from pans and serve warm, with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- *Makes 12 (1.5”x 4”) tarts OR 1 (9”x 13”) tart
- Freeze Ahead: Place cooked and cooled tarts onto a parchment lined baking sheet, in a single layer, about 1/2 inch apart. Place tarts in freezer until fully frozen. Transfer tarts into a resealable plastic bag and tightly seal. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, thaw tarts in refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, place tarts onto a parchment lined baking sheet, 1/2 inch apart. Bake tarts at 350˚F for 6 to 8 minutes just to heat through. Serve.
Serving: 1gCalories: 325kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 325mgPotassium: 117mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 517IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 1mg