- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed from cob
- 2 medium, cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- ¼ cup prepared salsa (of your choice)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 (5 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
sriracha dipping sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat oil to 375°F.
Pour olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion and poblano for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add corn kernels and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
Pour mixture over chicken and toss together. Add the prepared salsa and cheese and fold together until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a small amount of the filling into the center of each tortilla and fold up like a burrito and place onto a baking sheet, seam side down.
Holding the chimichangas together with tongs, carefully place and hold in the oil, for 2 minutes. Gently release the chimichanga from the tongs and continue to fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
For sauce: Place the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until fully incorporated. Serve with hot chimichangas.
Calories: 146kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 10gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 278mgPotassium: 133mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 164IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 1mg