Roasted Chicken Thighs with Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 16 strawberries, hulled and diced
- ½ seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter to the skillet and melt together.
Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Sear each chicken thigh, (skin-side first) on both sides, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer skillet into the oven and roast thighs for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through completely (with an internal temperature of 165˚F).
While the chicken is in the oven, combine all the salsa ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper and toss together. Set aside.
Remove skillet from the oven and allow chicken to rest, 6 to 10 minutes.
To serve: Place chicken thighs on a platter and top with salsa. Serve with side salad.
Calories: 535kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 29gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 137mgPotassium: 736mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 398IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 2mg