We love this Spinach Quiche recipe. It's really simple and delicious, and perfect for weekends. It re-heats perfectly!
- 1 store bought pie dough, rolled 12 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- ½ cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sautéed spinach, excess liquid removed and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Form rolled out pie dough into a quiche/tart dish and place in the refrigerator to chill.
Place the eggs, egg whites, milk, and cream into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
Stir the thyme and fontina into the egg mixture, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Remove the quiche shell from the refrigerator and fill with an even layer of spinach, followed by the sliced bell pepper.
Pour the egg mixture over the layered vegetables and top with a sprinkle of goat cheese.
Bake the quiche in the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375°F and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until set in the center and golden brown.
Allow to cool for 7 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- *Makes one 10 inch quiche
Serving: 1gCalories: 231kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 9gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 242mgPotassium: 184mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2977IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 127mgIron: 2mg