End of Summer Fruit Salad
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heaping cups of greens of choice such as baby kale, arugula, watercress, etc
- 1 yellow peach, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ small, seedless watermelon, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- lemon zest
- mint leaves
- cracked black pepper
For lemon vinaigrette: Place all ingredients, except oil, into a mixing bowl and whisk together. While whisking, pour oil into the mixture in a slow and steady stream until fully incorporated and well blended. Adjust seasonings.
Place all salad ingredients, except feta, lemon zest and mint leaves into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Transfer mixture to a platter or individual plates and toss together.
Drizzle the salad with some of the vinaigrette and top with crumbled feta, lemon zest and mint leaves. Finish with cracked black pepper and serve.
Calories: 433kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 5gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 279mgPotassium: 346mgFiber: 2gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 1490IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 128mgIron: 1mg