Cauliflower, Parsnip and Roasted Garlic Mash
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
Add parsnips and boil for about 6 minutes. Add cauliflower and boil for an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until parsnip and cauliflower are fork tender.
Drain completely. Add roasted garlic and begin to mash mixture. Add remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and continue to mash until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Adjust seasonings and serve.
- *To roast garlic: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Slice off the top 1/2 inch of a head of garlic. Place garlic head on the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle the garlic with a small amount of oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil around garlic and place directly onto the center rack. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until garlic is fork tender and caramelized. Allow garlic to cool for about 10 minutes, uncovered. Remove cloves, discard the peel and set aside until ready to use.
Calories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 4gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 64mgPotassium: 743mgFiber: 7gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 816IUVitamin C: 84mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 1mg