Strawberry and Tomato Gazpacho
- 16 large strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 5 small vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ hothouse cucumber, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ bunch mint, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 limes, zested
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. (Strain if desired,but not necessary)
Pour soup into a large bowl and set into an ice bath. Chill soup for 1 hour.
Stir and adjust seasonings.
Place goat cheese, lime zest and pepper into a small bowl and stir togetheruntil fully combined.
To serve: Ladle soup into each bowl and top with a small dollop of preparedgoat cheese and snips of fresh mint leaves.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 5gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 61mgPotassium: 523mgFiber: 5gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 1225IUVitamin C: 98mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 1mg