Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 ½ quarts unsalted chicken stock
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
Place a large pot over medium heat and melt butter.
Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add garlic and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion and celery begin to get translucent.
Stir in thyme and chives and continue to sauté for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Once soup is boiling add broken spaghetti and chicken, stir and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until noodles are soft and cooked through.
Adjust seasonings and serve.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 17gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 385mgPotassium: 504mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 3689IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg