- 10 ounces poached boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 4 ounces cold smoked salmon, cubed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons roughly chopped capers
- 1 ½ tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced dill
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup crème fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sourdough baguette, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Place both salmons into a large bowl and lightly flake apart with two forks.
Add shallot, garlic, capers, tarragon, and dill and stir together. Add lemon juice and crème fraiche and continue to stir until fully mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
Scoop mixture into a jar or other storage container and tightly compact and chill for at least an hour or until ready to use.
For Crostini: Preheat oven to 375°F. Place baguette slices onto a baking sheet and brush with oil. Flip and brush other sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip each crostini and continue to bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and crisp. Serve with chilled rillettes.
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 15gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 452mgPotassium: 293mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 127IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 2mg