Korean-Style Cocktail Meatballs with a Sweet and Spicy Gochujang Glaze
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 dashes fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons rice flour all purpose works fine
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup gochujang spicy Korean chile paste
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup OR 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- green onion, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place all turkey meatball ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together until completely blended. (make sure not to over mix)
Form 1 – 1 ½ tablespoon sized cocktail meatballs with the turkey mixture and place onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart.
Bake meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
For the gochujang glaze: Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
Brush glaze onto meatballs and top with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with extra gochujang glaze on the side for dipping.
Calories: 146kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 17gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 336mgPotassium: 247mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 61IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg