Mini Hasselback Potatoes
Our Mini Hasselback Potatoes are crispy, cheesy and delicious! They're a versatile side dish that goes with almost everything. We love these Hasselback Potatoes for holidays or special occasions too because they are so impressive!
- 20 small new potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Cut slits ⅔’s of the way into each potato, crosswise, ¼ inch apart. (Slicing tips in the notes below!)
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat with minced garlic, about 5 minutes.
Place potatoes onto a parchment (or silpat) lined baking sheet ½ inch apart. Brush garlic butter over each potato and season with salt and pepper.
Bake potatoes for 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and generously baste again with garlic butter.
Continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and baste one last time.
Top each potato with small pile of shredded cheese and place potatoes back into the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and cheese has melted.
Lightly season each potato with more salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkle of chives. Serve.
Makes 20 Mini Potatoes
- If potatoes aren't level, slice a very small amount off the bottom of each potato.
- If you're worried about slicing through the entire potatoes, place two wooden spoons along the top and bottom of each potato to use as a stopper.
- We highly recommend buying a block of cheese and shredding it yourself instead of buying pre-shredded cheese. Freshly shredded cheese does not have anti-caking agents, so it will melt better and more evenly. It will also melt right into each sliced nook to maximize cheesy goodness.
Calories: 491kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 16gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 282mgPotassium: 1220mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 877IUVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 345mgIron: 2mg