This simple and delicious Michelada is a savory, bright and refreshing drink all rolled into one. It's the perfect way to cool off on a hot, summer day.
- 4 lime wedges, divided
- ¼ cup chile-lime seasoning such as Tajin
- 1/2 cup tomato juice or Clamato
- 2 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 24 ounces Mexican beer
Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip the rim in the chile-lime seasoning.
Combine tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and soy sauce in a measuring cup and stir together.
Fill glasses with ice and add half the tomato juice mixture in each glass.
Top each glass with beer and stir together.
Garnish each drink with a lime wedge. Serve.
- Clamato (a tomato and clam juice blend) is commonly swapped in for the tomato juice, which gives the drink a pleasant and naturally ocean-briny flavor.
- The tomato juice mixture can be made 3 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use. When ready, just rim the glasses, add ice, pour the base, top with beer and serve!
- Although this drink has a small amount of hot sauce, it's not really spicy. It has a slightly bright kick, but if you don't like spicy at all you can omit the hot sauce. You can also add more hot sauce to the tomato base for a bigger kick. I also like garnishing the drink with sliced jalapeno!
Calories: 175kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 309mgPotassium: 328mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 273IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg