Cheesy Sweet Potato Fritters
These Cheesy Sweet Potato Fritters are really easy to make. They are best eaten fresh, but you can make these ahead and reheat quickly in the oven too! Served with sour cream for dipping, they are a crowd pleaser. Eat leftovers in the morning with eggs!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup rice flour can substitute all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream for dipping
Place sweet potato, garlic, chives, and fontina into a mixing bowl and toss together.
Add egg white, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour oil into a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat.
Place 2 tablespoon mounds into the skillet, about an inch apart, and gently press to flatten.
Pan fry for 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain on paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Repeat until all fritters have been made. Serve immediately with sour cream.
- *Makes 16 to 20 Fritters
- *To Freeze: Place cooked fritters onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer, making sure none are touching one another and place in the freezer until fritters are completely frozen. Transfer fritters to a resealable gallon bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat: Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line fritters onto a lightly greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart, and bake for about 12 minutes. Flip each fritter and continue to bake for an additional 12 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Slightly cool and serve.
Serving: 1gCalories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 811mgPotassium: 407mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 16201IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 134mgIron: 1mg