Hi Guys! Thank you so much for all the wonderful advice for my run this Sunday…we’ll see how it goes! Our last new recipe before the big game (you know, the puppy bowl) is a wedge salad. Man, I really love these things. I know a lot of people turn their nose up to iceberg lettuce, but I love it. I love its crisp-juiciness…is that a thing? Who knows. All I know is that I love iceberg and I love a good wedge salad. I also feel like if there’s going to be any “salad” at all, sitting around on Sunday…shouldn’t it be one with salty, crispy prosciutto? that’s also drowning in a gallon of rich and creamy bleu cheese dressing? Me thinks so. If you don’t fancy a wedge salad, maybe delicious Korean Fried Chicken Wings are your thing? Or Beer Battered Fried Olives? Or even Kitchen Sink Chili? Just a thought, that’s all. Hope everyone has a great weekend….and let the best puppy win! xx, Jenny
More salad recipes you might love:
Hungry for more?
Quick and Easy Wedge Salad
creamy bleu cheese dressing
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon crumbled bleu cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges then each wedge cut in half (totaling 12 pieces)
- 1 cup crispy prosciutto, crumbled
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- For bleu cheese dressing: Place ⅓ cup bleu cheese and remaining dressing ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in remaining bleu cheese and adjust seasonings.
- To assemble: Arrange wedges onto a platter and drizzle with ½ of the bleu cheese dressing (reserving the rest for people to serve themselves). Top dressing soaked wedges with crispy prosciutto, red onion, radishes, and green onions. Top with a dash of cracked black pepper and serve.