We’ve rounded up our best most crowd pleasing Super Bowl Food Ideas that are perfect for game day. We have a whole section for delicious super bowl finger food ideas; or if you’re looking for classic super bowl snacks like nachos or pigs in a blanket we’ve got those too!
If you want more unique Super Bowl appetizer ideas like potstickers or our super easy and delicious Korean Corn Cheese we have you covered! We definitely have something for everyone!
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Super Bowl Appetizers
While curating this list of Super Bowl food some recipes jumped out to us that we think need special attention! These choices are a bit unique when compared to your classic Super Bowl appetizers.
- This recipe for Korean Corn Cheese is the perfect super bowl food. It’s amazingly easy to make, and a huge crows pleaser. You can even make this ahead and bake and serve when you are ready.
- Everyone is familiar with Taco Bell’s crunch wraps. We love them and they are so delicious. Naturally, we decided to make them smaller so they are the perfect size for a group. Our Mini Crunchwrap Supremes make the most delicious Super Bowl appetizer!
- Our Buffalo Cauliflower recipe is a delicious lighter version to buffalo wings. We used cauliflower florets, and these are baked! They are a super tasty appetizer recipe that is perfect for game day. Make it with our easy homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe!
- Our Pull Apart Pigs in a Blanket are seriously yummy. We love serving this super bowl appetizer with lots of dipping sauces. Our favorites are Marinara Sauce, ranch, bleu cheese, Chick Fil A sauce, and BBQ sauce!
- Our Carne Asada Fries are kind of a classic super bowl food recipe. We made a delicious cheese sauce and topped the fries with everything you would want like pickled jalapeno peppers, pico de gallo (or salsa of your choice), guacamole, and so much more! Our Carne Asada Recipe is delicious, and beyond being yummy on these fries, it makes delicious tacos and sliders too!
- Our Pizza Wheels are one of our favorite and unique Super Bowl appetizers. We filled ours with pepperoni but you can use whatever your favorite toppings are. You can also make these ahead of time and bake when you are ready. We love these pepperoni pizza rolls so much!
- Our Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Beignets are so incredibly delicious, unexpected and satisfying they never last long. So we highly recommend doubling this recipe!
- Shrimp Scampi might not some to mind when you’re thinking about super bowl foods, but we promise this is always a hit! Everyone loves tender shrimp, especially shrimp bathed in garlic butter. For an appetizer version, we love to serve these on their own with toothpicks or with a side of lightly toasted crostini to sop up all the extra buttery sauce!
Our Best Super Bowl Finger Food Ideas
Game day is all about eating with your fingers right? We picked out our favorite finger food recipes for you – and they are all mouth watering! All of our Super Bowl finger food ideas are perfectly sized to be able to be eaten in one or two bites, and with your fingers!
- Our Hush Puppies are soft and fluffy fried pillows of a cornbread tasting dough. These are super addicting so plan to make more than one batch. We studded our hush puppies with sliced green onion, but you can leave them plain or even add things like crumbled bacon and shredded cheese to them! We serve it with a spicy honey drizzle which is delicious, but plain honey, or even honey mustard would also be delicious!
- These Chicken Fried Potatoes are one of my favorites. Thinly sliced potatoes fried in a batter (like fried chicken!). They are seasoned to perfection to give them a ton of flavor. We served ours with a homemade ranch, but basic ketchup or our Chick Fil A Sauce would be awesome. Honestly, dip them in anything and they will still be so good. This is one of our best Super Bowl finger food ideas!
- You have probably heard of, or even tasted Blooming Onions. We love them so much, we decided to make them bite sized! We used cipollini onions for our Baby Bloomin’ Onions which you can find at most grocery stores. They may look difficult to make but they are actually a breeze!
- These Shrimp Fritters are one of our favorite finger foods. They are super crispy on the outside, light and airy on the inside. These little fritters are insanely easy to eat an entire batch of by yourself. Don’t tell us we didn’t warn you.
- These Halloumi Nuggets are little pockets of cheese with crispy crunchy exterior that we served with a simple marinara sauce. I feel like after saying ‘little pockets of cheese’ I don’t need to say anything else, you just need to try them!
- Fried Deviled Eggs. Thats right, Fried Deviled Eggs. Everyone loves deviled eggs, and we do too, but for game day we took things up a notch because deviled eggs plus a crispy crunch exterior is insanely delicious. Please make this perfect super bowl appetizer recipe to find out for yourself.
- Chicken nuggets are good, but have you ever had Korean Chicken Nuggets? These are fried nuggets of chicken coated in a spicy Korean bbq sauce, then drizzled with honey. Nom noms indeed. A perfect finger food idea to bring to any super bowl party!
- Panko Fried Pickle Chips are one of my favorite slightly unexpected appetizer recipes to make for game day. We coated pickle chips in a panko crust and fried them up. Serve with you favorite dipping sauce like ranch or my favorite – blue cheese.
Nachos – The Standard Super Bowl Snack
When I think of super bowl, I think of nachos. They go hand in hand, right? I mean who doesn’t love a huge plate of nachos? Here we have our best nacho Super Bowl recipes!
Some tips on making nachos:
Making them in a sheet pan lined with foil means you will have the easiest cleanup ever. The other thing I love about sheet pan nachos are the fact that you have enough space to evenly spread the nachos in an even thin layer to that all the toppings are on every chip. I hate it when you have chips at the bottom that are bare!
- Our Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Nachos are at the top of this list because they deserve this spot. Juicy chicken in a chipotle sauce with a white cheese sauce and a bunch of toppings = the best nachos ever!
- If you have picky eaters our DIY Nacho Bar is perfect. Everyone can build their own plate of nachos the exact way they want it! The queso sauce for this recipe is so creamy! Talk about a crowd pleasing Super Bowl snack!
- For our Korean BBQ Nachos we use fried wonton wrappers, a kimchi cheese sauce, and bulgogi. This Super Bowl snack recipe is perfect if you’re looking to serve something delicious but unexpected!
- Carne Asada Nachos are classic among the nacho genre. We love our carne asada recipe, and on top of nachos it’s perfect. We topped our nachos with all the usual suspects, guac, radish, corn, sour cream, but this recipe is so flexible you can just go for it and add whatever toppings you love best.
Unexpected Super Bowl Food Ideas
Yes. More Super Bowl food ideas. You didn’t think we would be done, did you? Here we have some our favorite not so classic but still very delicious Super Bowl food.
- Potstickers are maybe not something you think of when you think of Super Bowl, but you should! You can totally eat these with your hands which makes them perfect. You can also make a batch ahead and freeze until you are ready. Easy peasy!
- Our Charcuterie Flatbreads are maybe slightly fancy for Super Bowl, but they are so good so I thought they should be included. These have burrata and prosciutto, the bests parts of any charcuterie board, piled on flatbreads, then drizzled with honey and crushed nuts. We keep these pretty simple, but you can add anything like pickled mushrooms (which are delicious!) or sliced olives on these flatbreads! You can even cut the flatbreads up to make this appetizer bite sized. A perfect Super Bowl food idea.
- Our Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so delicious. This recipe makes a hefty amount of filling which is why I think these are perfect for game day!
- These Corn Cakes have a crispy exterior and are drizzled with sweet honey and sprinkled with a creamy cotija cheese. These will absolutely go fast!
- This recipe for Poutine with Waffle Fries is basically nachos but with waffle fries. It’s so delicious, and because the waffle fries are store bought, it’s incredibly easy Super Bowl appetizer to make.
- Our Polenta Fries are oven baked and crispy on the outside. We love to serve these with our favorite cheese sauce, ranch, ketchup, Chick Fil A Sauce, or whatever you prefer. These fries are super hearty and will go well with just about any other recipes you have planned.
- Our Fried Burrata Over Romesco is one of our most popular appetizer recipes. The burrata stays gooey and delicious while the exterior gets nice crispy. Serve with some sturdy crostini, and it’s guaranteed to be a popular Super Bowl snack.
- Our Crispy Baked Cauliflower Tots are on the list because they are so good. I know what you are thinking, Super Bowl isn’t the time for cauliflower replacement food. I usually agree! But if you feel like your spread is getting super heavy, throw these into the mix to lighten it up!
Tried and True Classics
There are some game day recipes you just automatically associate with Super Bowl. That is what this list is! Our tried and true, sure to be crowd pleasing recipes.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is everything you want in a dip. Hot bubbly creamy cheesy goodness with shredded chicken and a little heat. Our recipe is super easy to make. You can also make your own buffalo sauce with our easy recipe! This is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Our Sticky Honey Garlic and Chili Chicken Drumettes and everything you want in a drumstick. These are super sticky and flavorful. One of our favorite recipes!
- Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip are one of those recipes that everyone will be so excited to see. Fill a platter with your favorite dip-able foods, we love chips, pretzels, sausages, veggies, breadsticks. The sky is the limit!
- Our Chicken Wings use a pickle and yogurt brine which gives them a lot of flavor. These are a perfect addition to any spread!
- Our Sticky Hoisin Oven Baked Ribs are incredible. This Super Bowl appetizer Just do yourself a favor and make these, because whoever you serve them to will be so happy.
- These Pretzel Dogs are a super fun way to get two classics into one dish: hot dogs, and pretzels. We serve these with a cheese sauce to make them extra. This is the perfect Super Bowl food.
- I love a good queso! Our Roasted Poblano Queso Fundido is so creamy and yummy. You can serve it with tortilla chips, but it’s also great to serve with a lot of choices like different kinds of veggies.
- Our classic Snack Mix just had to be on this Super Bowl snack list. This stuff is so addicting! Make a couple of batches and place in bowls all around the TV so everyone has close access to this delicious mix!
- Our Stovetop Mac and Cheese never disappoints! It’s creamy, cheesy and delicious! You can transfer the finished mac and cheese into a slow cooker set to warm, so guests can help themselves to a scoop or two throughout the afternoon/evening!
- Everyone loves hummus! It’s such a versatile and delicious dip! Our Roasted Cauliflower Over Hummus is our slightly over the top (and vegan!) hummus that can also double as a meal! We love serving this with crackers, crudite and crostini.
Click below for our complete Game Day recipe collection!