Sometimes the most simple ingredients can make the best dishes. Like strawberries and cream, a perfect couple. We thought it would be interesting to see if we could come up with an upgraded version of a this simple dish we both love. We wanted to make something that would be easy to put together, but be a beautiful dish worthy of dinner parties. So here we have our Strawberry and Chamomile Eton Mess. We topped this super easy recipe with fresh strawberries that have been mixed with some lemon juice and honey, and because they are in season right now and we love them – passion fruit. That part is totally optional, but if you ever catch them at the market it’s worth it!
We partnered with Olympus and used their new OM-D E-M10 Mark III. This camera is a pleasure to shoot with. All of the settings are very user friendly. I particularly love the art filters that you can apply that give your photos an instant upgrade. My favorites are the Pale & Light Color series. Being able to quickly process my image in camera and then send it to my smartphone using the Olympus Image Share App to post on social media is a pretty amazing feature that I love. I cannot wait to use it when I travel, I know it will be so handy. If you’re looking for a camera with a little more control than your smartphone this is a great one. It’s really lightweight and I also love the way it looks!
Ingredients: natural honeycomb, broken into bit sized pieces (optional) Directions:
Strawberry and Chamomile Eton Mess
Makes 1 (12”)
12 strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 tablespoons warm honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 store bought (or homemade) meringue cookies, broken into small pieces
2 passion fruit, optional
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1. Place strawberries, honey and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss together. Allow mixture to sit for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. In another mixing bowl combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat together until medium peaks form.
3. Reserve 1 cup whipped cream and pouring meringue cookies into remaining whipped cream and fold together.
4. To assemble: Spread whipped cream and meringue mixture onto a platter and smooth the top. (should be about 2 inches thick)
5. Top mixture with reserved whipped cream and smooth the top again.
6. Using a slotted spoon, spoon strawberries on top of the bed of whipped cream and top with chamomile flowers.
7. Dot passion fruit on top, if using, and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve.
natural honeycomb, broken into bit sized pieces (optional)