One of my favorite things to do on a lazy Saturday morning is to whip up a fun breakfast! Lately I’ve been really into these Savory Breakfast Pans! They’re so easy to make and the options are endless! Plus this is a great dish to serve to a group and there’s a little something for everyone in each bite. We made ours with bacon, o-brien-style sweet potatoes, sauteed dandelion greens, torn and buttered bread, and of course finished them off with lots of runny yolk eggs! Another thing I love about this dish is that you can make most the of the components ahead of time and can just throw everything into a pan together the morning that you want to eat it. I also really love this dish with breakfast sausage, charred broccoli rabe and lots of shredded cheese. We omitted the cheese for today’s recipe (crazy, I know), but feel free to load it on because cheese only makes things better. :) Enjoy! xx, Jenny
If you love breakfast as much as we do check out our Breakfast Ideas blog post.
Here are some other breakfast recipes you might like:
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
- Hash Browns Crust Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Fresh Toast
- Breakfast Pasta
- Spinach Quiche
- Savory Sausage Strata
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Savory Breakfast Pan
- 3 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 4 sweet peppers, thinly sliced with seeds and stem discarded
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano, minced
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, trimmed
- 4 ½ tablespoons melted butter, cooled and divided
- 4 dinner rolls, torn into large pieces
- 6 to 8 rashers cooked bacon
- 6 large eggs, cracked into individual ramekins
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Pour 2 tablespoon oil into a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and red onion and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add sweet peppers and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add herbs, sauté for an additional minute and transfer to a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into the same skillet and sauté dandelion greens for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place torn bread pieces into a large mixing bowl and toss together with 3 ½ tablespoons melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Brush remaining oil onto a half sheet pan and add everything except the eggs. Toss together until well mixed then evenly spread around the pan. Create 6 round divats throughout the pan and carefully pour each egg into each divat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the egg whites have just set with the yolks still a bit runny. Adjust seasonings and serve.
- *Makes 1 13’x 19” baking sheet