As you can probably tell from all the breakfast recipes we post, we are big fans of breakfast and brunch over here. We have this great recipe for you today of a breakfast grain bowl that we have made in partnership with Keurig®.
We have Keurig® coffee makers in both our studio and at home, because it’s just simply the best way to provide coffee for everyone, when everyone likes different things. Something you might not know about Keurig® coffee makers is that you can make cold iced coffee with any of their machines! Here we are featuring the Keurig® K475 Coffee Maker in Sandy Pearl, which we absolutely love, and since it’s hot in LA a lot, we can make plenty of iced beverages. Keurig also offers tea K-Cup® pods for your brewer, which is just so convenient. We are also really into all the colors they have for their machines which you can find on www.keurig.com.
One of our favorite morning coffee flavors is Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend. The bright flavor is a really nice way to start the morning, especially when you pair it with our Savory Breakfast Grain Bowl! One little trick we love to do is add cinnamon to our half and half for our coffee, it just adds a little sweetness to our coffee without being so intense. We have been really into grain bowls for quick lunches, and decided to turn it into a breakfast bowl that is really easy to make ahead, and also take on the go. You can add a lot of things to this bowl and it will be delicious but lately we have been into the avocado and pea addition. ☺ See all the recipe details below.
Hungry for more?
Savory Breakfast Grain Bowl
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked pearled barley
- 1 heaping cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup steamed peas
- 4 (1 ounce) wedges feta
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 4 teaspoons hemp hearts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a small pot of water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Gently place each egg into the pot of boiling water and continue to boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove eggs from heat and submerge in ice water to stop the eggs from cooking.
- Once eggs come to room temperature, peel each egg and slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- To assemble: Place quinoa and barley into a mixing bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Divide the grain mixture into individual bowls and top each with cherry tomatoes, a few slices of avocado, peas, a wedge of feta, and two hardboiled egg halves.
- Sprinkle each bowl with ½ tablespoon minced cilantro and 1 teaspoon of hemp hearts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.