We’ve really been into strawberries this season and it’s sort of hard not to be. They’re everywhere and it’s glorious. You can smell the super ripe strawberries from a mile away and I love how their sweet scent just perfumes the air at farmer’s markets. Yum. Today we’re continuing our love-fest with strawberries with this simple appetizer or dessert, you decide.
This recipe is super easy and the caramelized strawberries pair so well together with the honey whipped ricotta. The pistachios also add a nice crunch to this dippy type dish. If you want a bit of a sweet and savory feel I recommend serving them with light crackers, otherwise chocolate wafers make a really great alternative, especially if you want to keep things sweet.
Roasted Strawberries Over Honey Whipped Ricotta
- 12 ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil extra virgin olive oil is fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, divided
- 1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta
- ½ cup honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons toasted and crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place strawberries, oil and ½ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl and toss together.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment, and spread into an even layer.
- Roast strawberries for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly caramelized, but still firm enough to keep their shape. Remove from oven and allow strawberries to cool. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place ricotta, honey and remaining salt in a mixing bowl and whip together with a wooden spoon until mixture is light and fluffy (you can use a stand mixer or hand mixer if you prefer).
- Spread ricotta mixture in a large, shallow dish and top with strawberries. Drizzle with a small amount of honey and finish with a sprinkle of pistachios.
- Serve with chocolate wafers or crackers.