I’m so glad you all are digging our vegan recipes! It truly makes me so so happy! We have another one for you guys today; our Roasted Garlic Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo! This recipe is all about the sauce and it really couldn’t be easier to make! I really dig this recipe because of the ease and the short list of ingredients. The sauce can also be used for so much more than pasta; you can drizzle it on roasted vegetables, a grain bowl, on your avocado toast, on a warm salad, seriously endless possibilities! The roasted garlic adds a depth of flavor that’s pretty addicting.
If you store the sauce in the fridge for a later use, I just recommend adding a bit more water to it to get the consistency at a good place, as it’ll thicken up as it sits, even once it’s hated you’ll notice that the consistency was thicker than when you originally made it. Enjoy!! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Roasted Garlic Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked in 2 cups water for 1 hour)
- 2 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme or basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place garlic cloves over a small sheet of foil and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil. Place directly onto an oven rack and roast for 30 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and season water generously with salt.
- Bring mixture back to a boil and cook pasta, stirring occasionally until pasta is al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, reserving about 2 cups pasta water, and pour pasta back into the pot.
- Add remaining oil to a small skillet and place over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Drain cashews and add to blender along with 1 1/2 cups pasta water, roasted garlic cloves and nutritional yeast. Blend until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add more pasta water, if needed. Pulse a few times.
- Pour ‘alfredo’ sauce over the pasta and toss together until completely coated. Adjust seasonings, top with thyme or basil and serve.