As you can probably tell from the name of our blog we are big pork fans. So we are super excited to be partnering with the National Pork Board for this recipe for Pistachio Crusted Pork Chops with a Whole Grain Mustard Sauce. If you love this recipe, be on the lookout because we have another pork recipe coming soon!
Cooking pork chops is really simple, they should be cooked to an internal temperature between 145 F. (with a light pink center) and 160 degrees F., then let rest for three minutes. That’s it! Super easy! If you’re curious about other cooking techniques, click here for a full rundown of all the different ways to prepare pork and the best practices. AND! Pork chops have gone down in price since last year so it’s a great buy!
For this recipe, we dredged our pork chops in pistachios and sautéed them, which gives an incredible crust and also seals in the juices and flavor. We popped them into the oven to continue cooking until it reached that internal temperature between 145 F. and 160 degrees F., and then let them rest for three minutes. We topped our chops with a really creamy whole grain mustard sauce, which just adds a nice acidity to the dish and also goes really well with mashed potatoes! We recommend serving these pork chops with your favorite mashed potato recipe. We love our Heavenly Mashed Potatoes. This recipe is really satisfying and cozy, which makes it perfect for the holiday season. We developed this recipe especially for hosting friends or family over, so it’s pretty easy to put together and make, as well as being beautiful and impressive! In addition to serving these beautiful pork chops with mashed potatoes, a simple salad utilizing a seasonal fruit like tart green apples would make the perfect addition to this holiday inspired dinner.
Hungry for more?
Pistachio Crusted Pork Chops with a Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- 4 bone-in, center cut pork chops (~2” thick)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
whole grain mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- ½ cup brandy or chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Dredge each pork chop in the flour, shaking off any excess. Next, dip each pork chop in the beaten eggs to coat, followed by the pistachios, shaking off any excess. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add half the oil and butter.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the pork chops to sear, two at a time.
- Sear pork chops on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to a parchment lined baking sheet and sear remaining pork chops, before also transferring.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake pork chops for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through (145-160˚F).
- While the pork chops are in the oven, make the mustard sauce.
- Place a small pan over medium-high heat and sauté shallots for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with brandy or stock and reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the cream. Simmer until mixture has slightly thickened. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer pork chops onto a platter and serve with whole grain mustard sauce. Serve.