Lamb kofta is my new obsession right now. I love having it as my protein on a salad. Today we put our Lamb Kofta over a bed of rice with a a little side salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. I also love getting some Tzatziki in there too if you have it. Sprouts store bought tzatiki is a go to at my house. This is a great recipe too because it keeps so well, and makes the perfect topper for your lunch salad the next day. :)
- 6 bamboo skewers (12” long and 1/2” wide), soaked in water (~30 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Place small skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add shallot, garlic and ginger to skillet and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add cumin and coriander and continue to saute for 1 minute. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Remove shallot mixture from heat and slightly cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground lamb, shallot mixture, parsley, and mint. Season with salt and cracked black pepper and mix together until fully combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and with wet hands form each portion of lamb into a 1 ½” by 7” log. Press a skewer into the center of each lamb log and form the meat around the skewer until secure, leaving about a 4” handle on the bottom and a 1” handle on top.
- Place large grill pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, brush with remaining oil and add skewers, about 1” apart.
- Grill skewers on each side, for 6 to 8 minutes or until just cooked through, with nice grill marks. Remove from heat, transfer to a platter with a bed of basmati rice and a romaine, cucumber and tomato side salad and hummus of choice. Serve.
- *Makes 6 (7” each) Kebabs