Valentines Day is right around the corner and if you’re planning on staying in we have the perfect dessert for you, our Individual Vanilla Bean + Honey Semifreddo Tarts! These guys only require a handful ingredients and are SO tasty. These are lighter and more airy than regular ice cream, but still luscious and super creamy.
You can make these little individual guys or you can combine all the ingredients to make 1 (9 inch) tart! I love these guys for valentine’s day, even if you’re just celebrating with friends, or with Netflix. Seriously. Who doesn’t LOVE a quiet night all to themselves to veg-out on the couch to Netflix….especially if you can take 1 or 2 of these to the face whilst doing so? Amirite??! lol. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Individual Vanilla Bean + Honey Semifreddo Tarts
- 1 ½ cups Nilla wafer crumbs (about 50)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped or 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- pieces of natural honeycomb
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a mixing bowl combine the crumbs and butter and mix together until no dry spots are left. Divide the mixture into 3 (4 inch) spring form pans and bake for 7 to 9 minutes to set the crust. Remove and cool completely.
- For semifreddo: Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons water and bloom.
- Combine remaining water, honey, sugar, and salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until mixture reaches 288˚F.
- Beat yolks together in a stand mixer (with a whisk attachment), until light and fluffy. With the motor running, slowly drizzle honey mixture into the yolk mixture and beat together until completely combined. Add gelatin mixture to the old saucepan to melt the gelatin. Pour mixture into the stand mixer along with the vanilla bean caviar and beat together.
- Fold in ⅓ of the whipped cream until fully incorporated. Fold in the remaining whipped cream until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture into the 3 prepared spring form pans and level the top to make smooth.
- Freeze semifreddos for at least 4 hours.
- To serve: Run a knife along the edge of each spring form pan and unlock each side. Remove the semifreddos from the pans and top each with a small piece of honeycomb and a drizzle of honey.
- *Makes 3 (4 inch tarts)