These little sliders are so so delicious. Boars Head just introduced us to their new Bold Aloha Sunshine Turkey Breast, which has no preservatives, and no MSG. The Bold Aloha Sunshine Turkey Breast has a slight sweetness to it because its coated with a little pineapple and then lightly charred. It’s really good. We paired that with some Boars Head Smoked Uncured Boneless Ham, and Boars Head Swiss cheese to make these really flavorful Hawaiian-Style Monte Cristo Sliders which we paired with a strawberry pineapple jam.
We love how you can easily make these for a crowd. Our recipe makes 12! Or make these for a super fun dinner. These are really cheesy and so good straight out of the oven. You can find Boars Head meats and cheeses at your local grocery store.
If this puts you in the Hawaiian mood, you can visit this LINK and enter to a trip to Hawaii from Boars Head!
Ingredients: powdered sugar for dusting, optional Directions:
Hawaiian-Style Monte Cristo Sliders
1 heaping cup hulled and chopped strawberries
1/2 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon pectin
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
12 Hawaiian rolls, sliced crosswise
2 (8 ounce) packages Boars Head Aloha Sunshine Turkey Breast
1 (8 ounce) packages Boars Head Smoked Uncured Boneless Ham
9 slices Boars Head Swiss cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Jam: Place strawberries, pineapple (plus syrup), sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir together.
2. Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until strawberries begin to breakdown. Skim foam from top of mixture and discard.
3. Stir in pectin and salt and continue to boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
4. Sliders: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place eggs, milk and mustard in a baking dish and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper and continue to whisk together.
5. Keeping the bottom half of the buns intact, dip them in the egg mixture, cut-side down and nestle into a lightly greased 9”x 13” baking sheet, cut-side up.
6. Top bottom layer of buns with ham, followed by turkey breast and finally with cheese slices.
7. Dip top buns in egg mixture, cut-side down, and place over remaining ingredients.
8. Brush tops with remaining egg mixture and bake sliders in the oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
9. Remove sliders from oven and slightly cool. Dust pull-apart sliders with powdered sugar, if using, and serve with strawberry-pineapple jam.
powdered sugar for dusting, optional