Grilling season is officially here and we’re kicking things off with our Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops Over Cucumber Salad! This recipe is super simple and delicious thanks to the Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops. The chops are conveniently pre-seasoned with a delicious dry rub, cutting the prep time down a bunch; they also just grill up in 8 to 10 minutes…so fast! The crisp cucumber salad is super fresh and also so easy to throw together, making it the perfect pairing! It’s the perfect summer recipe that can feed both a small group of people or be doubled (or even tripled) to feed a crowd in no time at all!
We also love that Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork comes in a variety of cuts and flavors (with no artificial ingredients!) that can be sautéed, grilled, roasted, or even tossed into the slow cooker for a delicious and fuss-free meal – there are tons of options! Smithfield products are available at select retailers nationwide including Albertsons/Safeway, Publix, and Walmart, just to name a few, making them easily accessible too. Smithfield is also offering a fun sweepstakes all summer where you can enter to win $5,000! Head over to smithfieldgetgrilling.com and share how Smithfield Fresh Pork helps you conquer your grill for your chance to win. Enjoy!!
Ingredients: cucumber salad: Directions:
Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops Over Cucumber Salad
Serves 3 to 4
2 Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon minced cilantro
1 hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
1/4 red onion, thing sliced
mint leaves, optional
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1/2 to 2/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
1. Preheat grill to 350˚F.
2. Brush vegetable oil onto grill grates and add pork chops, 3 inches apart.
3. Close lid and grill for about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip pork chops and grill for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reads 140 to 145˚F.
4. Transfer pork chops onto a cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Allow chops to rest for about 5 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine oil, honey, lime juice, and cilantro. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and whisk together.
6. Add sliced cucumber and chopped avocado to mixing bowl and toss together until completely and evenly coated. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper as needed.
7. Transfer cucumber salad to a large platter. Slice grilled pork chops into thin slices and place over salad. Sprinkle cheese over chops and salad and serve.