Happy Friday! We have a really yummy recipe for you today for Fresh Peach and Yogurt Drop Biscuits. I love these because they are light and airy and just a little sweet, with a perfectly crisp exterior. They are the perfect mid day snack, or in the morning for breakfast with coffee.
What are drop biscuits?
We love drop biscuits because they are incredibly easy to make compared to traditional biscuits because there is no rolling or cutting of dough, instead the mixture is scooped and dropped directly onto the baking sheet. This style significantly cuts down on prep time!
Can drop biscuits be frozen?
Yes, drop biscuits can be frozen. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and drop the biscuits onto the sheet one inch apart. Place the baking sheet into the freezer. Once they are completely frozen you can transfer them to an airtight bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. When you are ready to bake them just follow the recipe instructions. You may have to add a couple of minutes to compensate for freezing them.
Drop biscuit tips and tricks
– We loving using these scoops that have a spring trigger. It really helps release the dough, and also ensures all the sizes of your scoops are the same. This also helps to make sure they all bake up evenly and consistently.
– If you don’t own a scoop you can easily use two lightly greased spoons. We like to spray our spoons with cooking spray.
– It is important that your buttermilk and yogurt are chilled before using. This helps the drop biscuits get super soft in the middle and a nice crust on the outside.
If you don’t like peaches, feel free to swap the peaches with any fruit you like! We also love making these with fresh strawberries.
You might also like our Strawberry Shortcakes Biscuits.
We have a lot of savory biscuit recipes, but we also love sweet biscuits and scones too! They are great for a snack, or a delicious carb-y treat with some tea.
Hungry for more?
Fresh Peach and Yogurt Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅔ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 yellow peaches ripe, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup buttermilk chilled
- ½ cup crystalized sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except peaches and milk. Whisk together until the mixture resembles a bowl of coarse grains. Fold in peaches.
- Add milk and mix just until sticky dough comes together.
- Using two lightly greased spoons or a lightly greased ice cream scooper, drop 1/4 cup sized balls of batter/dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake biscuits for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow biscuits to slightly cool before serving.