Hi All! Today we have this flour-less amaretti cake for you. I really dig cakes like this for so many reasons; a few of them being: they’re single layered (easy!), no frosting needed (super easy!), and the flour in this particular recipe is replaced with crushed [amaretti] cookies (awesome!). It’s a quick cake to throw together, with only a handful of ingredients; it’s chocolatey, decadent and SUPER almond-y….in a good way. It really is quite a tasty little cake that’s great to enjoy alongside a creamy cappuccino, a rich espresso or even an ice cold glass of milk! Mother’s day is just a couple days away, why not surprise mom with this tasty treat?! Enjoy!
Other chocolate cake recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Flourless Chocolate Amaretti Cake
- 1 ¼ cup amaretti cookies (about 20)
- ¾ cup almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookies and almonds into a food process and pulse until a fine meal forms (10 to 12 pulses). Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a stand mixer (or using hand mixer), fitted with a paddle attachment, and cream together, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and with motor running add eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add cookie mixture and melted chocolate and continue to mix until fully combined, scrape down sides of bowl and stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch cake pan lined with parchment and lightly greased.
- Bake cake for about 30 minutes or until set in center and a small mound has formed. Allow cake to cool completely before flipping onto a large cake plate/platter. Carefully peel parchment from cake and dust with cocoa powder. Serve.
- *Makes 1 (9 inch) cake