I love when we can bust out a new pasta recipe because pasta recipes are my favorite. I don’t let myself eat pasta all that often because I will just keep eating it all until I feel sick. When I do let myself eat pasta I am excited to try new things. Like this Fettuccine with Creamy Avocado-Garlic Sauce. The avocado makes this super creamy without using a ton of dairy which I love. The avocado also makes this whole dish feel pretty fresh and doesn’t make me feel like I need to take a nap after. :)
Hungry for more?
Fettuccine with Creamy Avocado-Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 to 1 ½ cups unsalted vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- ½ cup raw pepitas, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- basil leaves
- Fill a large pot with water and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the water boils, add a small handful of salt and add the pasta. Allow the pasta to boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente (slightly firm to the bite). Remove pasta from heat and drain into a colander. Set pasta aside in a large mixing bowl until ready to use.
- Place avocado, 1 cup stock, pepitas, garlic, lemon juice, and cumin into the well of a blender and puree until smooth, adding more liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss together until evenly coated. Transfer to serving plates/bowls and finish with more pepitas, red pepper flakes and fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.