Hi All! I’m just going to jump right into this recipe today, because I’m super excited about it! Today we have cumin spiced, baked lotus chips. Yum! I love homemade baked chips….they’re healthier, easy to make and fun to eat. Lotus chips are a bit unusual, but SO tasty! I love lotus root; I love it thinly sliced and pickled, stir-fried, roasted, blanched and then tossed in a salad….I just really love the stuff and think it’s a veg. that’s totally underrated. These chips are so easy to make and you can flavor them how ever you like. I like the rich and savory flavors of cumin and curry, but I’m sure an herb combo or even cinnamon-sugar spiced lotus chip would be pretty delicious. You can find these guys at most asian markets and some specialty markets. It’s a great afternoon snack that’s also super pretty, isn’t it?! Anyway, make these…seriously! :) xx Jenny
Hungry for more?
Cumin Spiced, Baked Lotus Chips
- ½ to ⅔ pound lotus root, sliced paper thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak lotus root in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and dry with paper towels. Place sliced lotus root and oils into a mixing bowl and toss together until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to toss together until fully combined.
- Place chips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, in a single layer (you’ll need two baking sheets).
- Bake chips for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. (It’s okay if this chips are slightly soft bc they’re crisp up even more as they cool)
- Transfer chips onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Serve.