Our obsession with baked gnocchi continues. This time we added peas and ham with a yummy cream sauce so it’s very spring-y. We love making baked gnocchi because we can pick up store bought gnocchi and it cuts a huge amount of time out of making this from scratch. If this isn’t something you’re into you can also try our Sausage and Kale Baked Gnocchi, Bacon and Leek Baked Gnocchi, Summer Gnocchi, and lastly our Caprese Gnocchi. :)
Creamy Baked Gnocchi with Ham and Peas
- 1 (16 oz package) store bought or homemade potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces ham steak, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed and divided
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt (about 3 tablespoons) and add the gnocchi.
- Once the gnocchi float to the surface remove from the pot and transfer to a large platter. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt butter and sauté ham. Remove ham from the skillet and set aside with the cooked gnocchi.
- Add shallots, garlic and cream into the skillet and simmer over medium heat. Once the mixture has reduced by ⅓ add the Parmesan and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add the gnocchi mixture and half of the peas and continue to simmer over low heat for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Remove dish from the oven, top with the remaining peas, fresh basil leaves and serve.